I ‘vegan-ised’ this family favorite to make a quick and hearty soup that is both filling and nutritious, and can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. Pair this with our Vegan Breads for an additional flavor boost!
– Pureed Pumpkin – 200 grams
– (Steam pumpkin with an onion and blend the resulting soft vegetable to get a creamy vegetable puree)
– Coconut milk – 100 ml
– Nutritional yeast – 5 grams (optional)
– Salt – 5-10 grams
– Cold pressed ground nut oil – 5 ml
– Garlic – 2-3 cloves well grounded
– Freshly parsley for garnish as per taste (optional)
– Italian seasoning, as per taste
– Pepper, as per taste
1. Heat oil on medium flame in a cooking vessel.
2. Add ground garlic on medium heat till light brown.
3. Add in the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, salt, seasoning and pepper. Stir till mixed well
4. Thin the soup with water to adjust the consistency. Recheck and adjust seasoning. Add garnish if using.
5. Serve hot!
Notes: The pumpkin soup tastes best with garlic. I recommend that you don’t skip garlic for this recipe.