There is something comforting about all things potato . Just a couple of ingredients, hassle free cooking and you have yourself a side dish or a main course or a snack for the kids !
(Serves 3-4 people)
- Organic potatoes (large or small) – 500 grams
- Chopped onion – 100 grams
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves
- Organic rock salt – 30 grams or to taste
- Black pepper – 5 grams or to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley – 30 grams
- Olive oil – 30 ml.
1. Set a large pan filled with water to boil. Salt the water well and cover the pan while the water boils.
2. If you’re using small potatoes you can process them with the skin. Wash and scrub them well so that the skin is free of all debris. If you’re using larger potatoes, peel and cube them .
3. Add your potatoes to the boiling water and cook them till tender. Be careful to make sure that the potatoes don’t turn mashy. A fork or a toothpick inserted in the potato should not meet with any resistance. Don’t cook them beyond this point.
4. Fine chop garlic and onions.
5. Heat oil in another pan. To this oil add garlic followed by onions. Cook on a low flame till the onions turn transparent. We are not going to brown the onions for this recipe.
6. Once your potatoes are done, drain them completely and add them to the onions and garlic.
7. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Check them for doneness.
8. Toss the potatoes, onion and garlic with chopped parsley and serve hot !
Important notes :
1. While boiling Potatoes make sure that they don’t turn too soft. It is best to leave some bite to the potatoes and allow the cooking to finish in the pan with the onions and garlic.
2. It is good policy to season as you go . Salt the onion and garlic while it is cooking. This is make for a very well seasoned dish.
3. For this recipe you will need to use the leaves of the parsley and not the stem.